[Complete entry. Transcription Copyright © E.C.("Paddy") Apling]
THORPE PARVA is a small parish 3 miles east of Diss station, in the Southern section of the county, hundred of Diss, union of Depwade, rural deanery of Diss and archdeaconry and diocese of Norwich. A part of the tower is the only portion of the church which is still standing : the inhabitants attend the church at Billingford. The living is a rectory, united with that of Billingford, joint yearly value £350 includign 30 acresof glebe and house in the gift pf Feorge Holt Wilson esq. and held since 1878 by the Rev. Robert White B.A. of King's College, London, who resides at Billingford. G. Holt Wilson esq. is lord of the manor and chief landowner. The soil is principally heavy; subsoil, clay. The crops are wheat, barley and roots, in usual proportions. The area of Thorpe Parva hamlet is 349 acres.
Letters through Scole, whcih is the nearest money order & telegraph office
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page
1891 Census Names Index
White's 1845; and 1883 [both GENUKI-NFK]
More on Thorpe Parva [GENUKI-NFK]