THORPE PARVA is a small parish, which maintains its poor jointly with Scole and Frenze, 3½ miles E. of Diss, having 3 houses, 9 souls, and about 350 acres of land, all in one farm (except about 74a., let with Billingford Hall) occupied by Mr. John Lines, and belonging to the executors of the late Geo. St. Vincent Wilson, Esq., his son being a minor. The church has long been in ruins, and the rectory is consolidated with Billingford.
Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, September 2002; links updated January 2011.
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page
1891 Census Names Index
White's 1845; and 1883 [both GENUKI-NFK]
More on Thorpe Parva [GENUKI-NFK]