THREXTON, 2½ miles W. of Watton, a small parish, has only 61 souls, and about 1,050 acres of land. About 400a. is the property of Sir F. L. H. Goodricke, Bart., and are occupied by John Marsh, and the rest belongs to Thomas Barton, Esq., who resides here, and is lord of the manor. Several Roman coins have been found here. The Church is an ancient edifice, in a romantic dell, and the rectory, valued in the King's book at £7 4s. 9d., is annexed to Swaffham vicarage.
Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, December 2000; links updated February 2010.
1891 Census Names Index
White's 1845; and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Little Cressingham and Threxton parish website
Threxton church (and audio tour) [Wayland and Watton info]
Little Cressingham and Threxton archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Threxton [GENUKI-NFK]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page