THURSFORD parish, 5 miles N.E. by E. of Fakenham, contains 346 souls, 74 houses, and 1,400 acres of land, chiefly the property of Sr Chas. Chad, Bart., the lord of the manor, who occassionally [sic] resides at Thursford Hall, an Elizabethan mansion, with bay windows, presenting a long embattled front. It was formerly the seat of the Guybons, who sold it, in 1573, to Geo. Chad, Esq. The Church, dedicated to St. Andrew, has a square tower, and is a rectory, valued in the King's book at £8, consolidated with that of Great Snoring. Here is a School, supported by the lord of the manor and the rector. There is a Fuel allotment, of 20a., and the poor have 20s. left by Mr. Curzon, who also left 10s. for a sermon.
Bowman Jno. blacksmith
Carver Rev. Jnth. B.A. curate
Hillen Jno. vict. Golden Lion Joy Edw. harness mkr
Joy Lydia, school
Lee Hy. shopkpr
Lee Thos. smith & beerhouse Low Jno. vict. Bell Moy Hy. shoemkr
Newton Isaac, vict. Craw Fish Roll Wm. carpenter
Russell Robt. corn miller
Smith Geo. joiner
Farmers. Banes Abel
England Thos. Frog Hall Flood Robt.
Haines Wm. (& shoemkr)