WATERDEN, a small parish, 5 miles S.S.E. of Burnham Market, has only 4 houses, 39 souls, and 763 acres of land, in one farm, belonging to the Earl of Leicester. The Church, dedicated to All Saints, is a small structure, embowered in foliage, without either tower or bell. The rectory, valued in the King's book at £5 6s. 8d., is consolidated with that of Egmere ; The Rev. Alexander Napier, of Holkham, is the incumbent, and the Rev. Henry Herring, B.A., curate, who resides at the rectory, a neat residence erected in 1851. Mr. Miles Hamond is the resident farmer.
Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, June 2002; links updatedNovember 2009.
1891 Census Names Index
White's 1845 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
South Creake (and Waterden) Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Exp;orer]
More on Waterden [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page