WEASENHAM ALL SAINTS, or Upper Weasenham, a small parish, 3½ miles N.W. of Litcham, has 72 houses, 363 souls, and 1,960 acres of land, including 167a. of plantations. The whole, except a few cottages, 17a. of glebe, and the Fuel Allotment, is the property of the Earl of Leicester, who is also lord of the manor, and lessee of the rectory. The Church is a small edifice, and the vicarage is valued in the King's book at £15 10s., in the gift of the Crown, and incumbency of the Rev. Chas. Campbell. The Fuel allotment, 40a., was awarded in 1809 for this parish and that of Weasenham St. Peter, jointly. The poor of All Saints have 10s. yearly left by Jno. Billing, in 1630, and the interest of £10. left by John Bailey.
Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, April, 2001; links updated Decembe 2013.
1891 Census Names Index
Mitford & Launditch union
Will of Thomas Carr 1788 [Linda Steward]
White's 1845; and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Weasenham All Saints Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
Weasenham Postmill/a> [Jonathan Neville]
More on Weasenham All Saints [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Andrew Rivett & Geoff Lowe]
and see Weasenham St.Peter Directory information
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page