[Complete entry. Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, March 2001]
WELBORNE, 6 miles E.S.E. of East Dereham, has in its parish 51 houses, 265 souls, and 733a. 1r. 29p. of land, the principal owners of which areO. S. Onley, Esq., Messrs. Chas. Green, Nicholas Sands, Richd. Porrett, and Miss Mary Leeds ; but Jas. Cuddon, Esq., is lord of the manor. The Church, dedicated to All Saints, has a round tower, and was thoroughly repaired in 1843 ; and a neat parsonage house erected in 1846. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the King's book at £5 18s. 4d. ; in the patronage of Mrs. Johnson, and in the incumbency of the Rev. John B. Johnson. There are 45a. 25p. of glebe ; and the tithes were commuted in 1840, for £255. A National school was built here in 1847. At the enclosure in 1811, 3¼a. of land was allotted to the poor.
Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, March 2001; links updated May 2010.
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page
1891 Census Names Index
White's 1845 [GENUKI-NFK]
Blomefield's History of Norfolk, 1739
Innin Welborne [Norfolk Pubs Index]
Runhall Archeology (including Welborne) [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Welborne [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]