WELLINGHAM, a small parish, 6 miles S.S.W. of Fakenham, has 32 houses, 163 souls, and 1,050 acres of land, chiefly the property of the Earl of Leicester ; but Mr. B. Norton has also an estate here. The former is lord of the manor and patron of the Church, which is dedicated to St. Andrew, and is a vicarage, consolidated with Tittleshall-cum-Godwick, and valued in the King's book at £5 6s. 8d. The Fuel allotment, awarded in 1809, is 37a. 20p., of which 10a. is let for £16 and the poor cut turf on the remainder.
Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, April, 2001; links updated June 2010.
1891 Census Names Index
Mitford & Launditch union
White's 1845; and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
With Giants around Swaffham (Introduction to the churches of Beeston-next-Mileham, Little Dunham, Necton and Wellingham [Simon Knott]
Wellingham Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Wellingham [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page