WILBY, 3½ miles E.N.E. of East Harling, is a parish and small village, with 22 houses, 106 souls, and 1,396a. 3r. 19p. of land, the property of the Earl of Albermarle and Sir Thos. Beevor. The latter is lord of the manor, and patron of the Church, which is dedicated to All Saints, and has a square tower and five bells. The living is a rectory, valued in the King's book at £7 4s. 7d., consolidated with Hargham, and enjoyed by the Rev. John Goodacre. The joint rectories were valued in 1831 at £380. The tithes of Wilby were commuted in 1839 for £205 2s. 5d. per annum. The Town lands, 2a. 2r. 31p., have been sold, and the money used towards building the Union Workhouse. Here is a Primitive Methodist chapel. An alms-house, in three tenements, was given by one of the Walton family for the residence of poor people.
Rev. John Goodacre, rectory ; William Bowles, Joseph Palmer, farmers; and
Richard Peck, and Robert Brothers, shoemakers.