1891Census Names Index
White's 1854
Kelly's 1883
Wramplingham watermill [Jonathan Neville]
Wramplingham postmill [Jonathan Neville]
Wramplingham mill fatality [Jonathan Neville]
Wramplingham Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Wramplingham [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page

Norfolk - Wramplingham

William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845, p. 443

[Complete entry. Transcribed by E.C.("Paddy") Apling]

WRAMPLINGHAM, a parish and scattered village, on the Yare, 3 miles N. by E. of Wymondam, has 236 souls, and 830a. of land, belonging to several owners, the largest of whom are E. Lombe, Esq., (lord of the manor,) the Rev. J. S. Cann, and the Farrer and Fisher families. The Church (St. Peter and St Paul,) has lately been thoroughly repaired, and has a tower, round at the base and sexangular above. The rectory, valued in K.B at £5. 4s. 9½d., and in 1831, at £294, is in the gift of Robt. Marsham, Esq., and incumbency of the Rev. Edwd Marsham, M.A., of Sculthorpe.

© Transcribed by E.C.("Paddy") Apling, August 2003; links updated May 2009.

1891Census Names Index
White's 1854
Kelly's 1883
Wramplingham watermill [Jonathan Neville]
Wramplingham postmill [Jonathan Neville]
Wramplingham mill fatality [Jonathan Neville]
Wramplingham Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Wramplingham [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page